Very often I really enjoy the combination of salty & sweet flavors. The same can be said about hot & sweet flavors. This pecan mix recipe had been printed out for some time, but I didn’t get to trying it until mid-October. IT’S SO GOOD!! I decided to make it again for Mama Tina and she also concurs. 🙂 Thanks, My Recipes (Cooking Light)!
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 ground chipolte chile pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with whisk. Stir in pecans. Combine sugar, salt & pepper in separate bowl. Add to pecan mixture; toss well. Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries. (Note: Store in airtight container for up to a week.)