This recipe had me at ‘Balsamic’! Thanks Clean Eating Magazine: Meal Plans Made Easy!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed & rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 16 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless trimmed chicken breast
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add beans and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemon zest and juice and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add beans to bowl and toss well to combine. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large nontick killet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion nad saute for 5 minutes. Add chicken, vinegar, thyme and salt and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes, until thickest piece of chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Divide chicken and mushroom mixtures among serving plates and drizzle chicken with pan juices.