Since my new subscription of Clean Eating magazine started arriving sometime in December I have been wearing the pages out with all my browsing. When New Year’s Eve came around I wanted to integrate some clean eating choices and I came across this number in my subscription. It was a reader’s recipe Clean Eating published, and the author had come up with the recipe idea because her children were allergic to nuts and she wanted something crunchy and healthy for them at the same time.
- 2 – 15 1/2 oz BPA-free cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towels and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. IN a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir until crumbly and oil in absorbed. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden and crispy.