Happy New Year, Everyone! My apologies for the break from great food, but I’m back with new recipes to share and kind of a new look to boot. 🙂
We threw our 2nd annual New Year’s Eve party to bring in 2013 and I introduced these Caveman Chocolate Chunk Cookies I found on Facebook via Real Healthy Recipes. They were a cinch to make and are great right out of the oven.
- 4 cups almond meal (1 full bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Mega-3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 10 oz (2 cups) roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped or pulsed in food processor
- 2 (5 oz) bars, 72% cocoa baking chocolate, chopped or pulsed in food processor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Over low heat, in small saucepan, gently melt coconut oil and honey. Add to bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Add macadamia nuts and chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into golf ball-sized balls. Than flatten onto pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden allow to cool before removing from pan.