These green beans are a superb addition to any dish, especially my Orange Chili-Glazed Shrimp. Thank you Weight Watchers for having a great recipe inventory, even though I didn’t vibe with your new point system. 🙂
- 1/2 lb. uncooked string beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Stir in the green beans, soy sauce and sesame oil; heat through. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Yields: 1/2 cup per serving.
You could substitute broccoli, asparagus, sow peas, or sugar snap peas for the green beans, if you like.